A Long-Standing Tradition Of
Excellence In Family Law

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Modifications

Seeking Modifications In Child Custody And Support Cases

Change is constant in life. While divorce may be among the biggest changes a person faces, it is unlikely the last. After a divorce, a person may experience changes that require a divorce decree to be modified related to child support, custody or parenting time.

Seek the advice of an experienced divorce attorney at the Haugen Law Group, PLLC, in Excelsior, to learn about your options if you have experienced any of the following:

  • Job loss
  • New employment or a decrease in wages
  • The birth of a child
  • Remarriage
  • Another life-altering situation

Child Custody Modification In Minnesota

Are you seeking to make changes to your child custody or parenting time schedule? These changes may be the result of any number of factors, including the age of the child, what is in their overall best interests, or emergency situations that have put your child in danger. We also represent parents who are interested in moving away with their child, as well as those who will remain behind and want to ensure that their relationship with their child is protected despite the relocation.

Regardless of the circumstances, there are a variety of legal factors that must be considered when looking to modify custody or parenting time. Whether it is a minor modification or a major change, our experienced attorneys can guide you through the process with the skill required to address your needs.

Child Support Modification

Changes to child support may be necessary in the event of a job loss or severe decrease in pay, as well as promotions or new jobs that lead to pay upgrades. These changes may also be required in the event of costs that were not accounted for during the divorce, such as unexpected medical bills, college tuition or other special needs of your child.

Call Today For Understanding Support And Guidance

Contact us online, or call us locally at 952-479-8132 or toll-free at 800-684-1293 to schedule a free, 30-minute consultation with a lawyer.

We accept all major credit cards, including American Express, for the convenience of our clients.